BUTELINE POLYETHYLENE PE
- Product Code: BUTELINE POLYETHYLENE PE
Buteline Polyethylene PE
Buteline pipe in Malaysia is made from two different materials – Polybutene-1 (PB-1) for hot and cold water applications, and Polyethylene (PE80) for cold water only.
Buteline Malaysia Sdn Bhd manufacture lengths of grey Polybutene-1 (PB-1) pipe in 18mm, 22mm and 28mm sizes, as well as lengths and coils of Polyethylene (PE) pipe in 20mm, 25mm and 32mm sizes.
Buteline pipe is tested to exacting national and international requirements with regards to compatibility with fittings, resistance to leakage when subjected to bending, resistance to pull out of assembled joints, as well as thermal and pressure cycling.
Short term tests are carried out at a calculated pressure based on a given hoop stress pressure depending on the duration of the test. The tests are carried out at 95 ± 1°C for durations of 1 hour and 170 hours.
Long term tests are carried out based on the hoop stress pressures given for operating temperatures between 20°C and 95°C.
The important advantages of PB-1 are:
- Excellent resistance to creep
- Extremely high strength (high yield strength, high impact strength, high tear strength, high puncture resistance)
- Exceptional resistance to environmental stress cracking
- No corrosion or scale build-up
- Low noise transmission
- Pigmented against algae formation
- Low thermal conductivity
- Withstands many freeze/thaw cycles
- Larger pipe internal diameter resulting in better pipe hydraulics
- Low pipe weight and very flexible (low flexural modulus)